The African and African American Alumni Association (5A) is a network within the Cal Aggie Alumni Association (CAAA) that, through giving, mentorship and volunteerism, helps UC Davis students. In 2016, the African and African American Alumni Association Student Award (5A) was created to help students pay their way through college and to assist in enhancing their UC Davis experience.
The African and African American Alumni Association Student Award (5A) is available for sophomore through senior standing students. Applicants who apply by November 29, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. may be eligible to receive a $1,000 award in the winter quarter. For questions related to this scholarship, contact email@example.com. Learn more on how to donate by visiting the African and African American Alumni Association (5A) Give page.
Please review the following criteria to ensure that you are eligible to apply for this scholarship:
- Must be at least a currently enrolled full time fourth quarter student with a minimum of 36 units completed at UC Davis and with a minimum GPA of 2.5 (UC GPA).
- Applicant demonstrates leadership in student organizations, clubs, community activities, employment, or personal situations.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen/permanent resident (*USC/LPR/or AB 540 eligible).
- Must be receiving financial aid such as, loans, work study or have “unmet” need.
To apply, fill out the African and African American Alumni Association Award (5A) application form on the UC Davis Financial Aid page by November 29, 2022. In order to complete the application please follow these steps:
- Follow the link and sign in using your normal UC Davis log in and passphrase.
- Complete the General Application.
- Select the “Other Recommended Opportunities” tab and then select “Apply” for the African and African American Alumni Association Award (5A). Please note this is the only application the committees will view, they will not see the General Application.