Network leaders play an important in building community among and planning events for UC Davis alumni around the world. This page is full of resources and materials to help network leaders understand their role, host and plan events, register their network, and stay updated about upcoming trainings. Contact your CAAA Liaison if you have any questions.
Registration and Networks
- CAAA Annual Network Registration form: The CAAA Annual Network Registration form is open from March 16 to April 28, 2021. All networks are required to submit the registration each year.
- Network Registration Instruction Worksheet: Download the worksheet to guide you through all the components of the network registration.
- Terms and Conditions Form: Each network leader is required to read and sign the terms and conditions form as part of the network registration and continued compliance for the group. The Terms and Conditions form must be completed between March 16 to April 28, 2021 to finalize network registration. Volunteers appointed after network registration must fill out this form to finalize network leader status.
- Bylaws Template: A sample bylaws is available for groups to help establish guidance within the Cal Aggie Alumni Association Board of Governance.
- Checklists for creating networks assist with new groups in the Cal Aggie Alumni Association. Groups that are dissolving can use this worksheet.
Being a Leader
- Learn more about the volunteer role in the CAAA Network Leader Position Description.
- Complete your Virtual Orientation. Progress through the videos in order below at your own pace. Orientation should be completed for all new Network Leaders after registering. Each video has a series of short questions at the end for you to answer. These questions are designed to help us gauge your understanding of the material, give you a forum to ask questions, and help us track which sessions you have completed.
- Session 1: Introduction to Alumni Associations and the Cal Aggie Alumni Association (CAAA) - Run time 21 minutes 47 seconds
- Session 2: Networks - Run time 17 minutes 53 seconds
- Session 3: Network Leaders and the role of your CAAA Liaison - Run time 7 minutes 38 seconds
- Session 4: Planning Events - Run time 17 minutes 6 seconds
- Session 5: Communications - Run time 2 minutes 46 seconds
- Session 6: Philanthropy and Development & Alumni Relations (DEVAR) - Run time 5 minutes and 37 seconds
- Session 7: Tips, Challenges, and Successes - Run time 21 minutes 58 seconds
- Do you know someone who would be make a good Leader for your network? Send them the Volunteer Interest Form so that CAAA can connect with them. New Network Leaders just need to check "Network Leader" on the form and let CAAA know which network(s) they want to join.
Event Planning and Resources
- Event Request Form (Needs to be Submitted 6 Weeks Before the Event)
- Post-Event Form
- Event Planning Guide (Event Ideas, Steps for Planning Events, and Tips)
- Event Sponsorship Guidelines
- Career Event in a Box Facilitation Guides
Professional Development and Ongoing Support
- Virtual Volunteer Leadership Conference (February 2021)
Policy and References
Policy and Procedure Manual (PPM 320-21) Responsibilities and Guidelines for Handling Records Containing Information about Individuals
University Policy, Guidelines, and Legal Requirements on Privacy of and Access to Information, June 9, 1978
University Policies Applying to the Disclosure of Information from Student Records, February 1, 1977
- California Public Records Act (1976)
- California Information Practices Act (1977)
- California Education Code, Chapter 1.2 Division 16.5
- California Penal Code, Section 502, Chapter 858, relating to Computer Crime
- Federal Privacy Act of 1974
- Federal Family Education Rights and Privacy act of 1974
- Electronic Communication Privacy Act of 1986
- UC Davis Brand Communications Guidelines: Community Engagement
- UC Davis Policy and Procedure Manual, Section 400-01, Freedom of Expression
- UC Policy on Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment
- UC Policy on Student Conduct and Discipline
- UC Policy on Nondiscrimination and Affirmative Action Policy Regarding Academic and Staff Employment
- UC Faculty Code of Conduct, Academic Personnel Manual 015
- UC’s Electronic Communications Policy
- UC Davis Campus Policies: University Communications (Chapter 310)
- UC Davis Policy on Cash Handling
- Trademark Campus Use
- UC Campus Alumni Association and Constituency Group Policy
- Policy and Procedure Manual (PPM)
- 320-All Records and Archives
- 380-25 Disclosure of Information from Personnel Records
- 200-45 Administrative Information Systems
- 260-All Gifts and Endowments
Business and Finance Bulletin
- RMP-8 Legal Requirements on Privacy of and Access to Information
- IS-3 Electronic Information Security