Many UC Davis alumni take extended time off to focus on other matters - children, illness, elderly parents, charity work, etc. Some have even experienced job loss. Finding the professional confidence to dive back into the job hunt can be difficult, but we are here to help.
- Update your resume
- Search for a job
- Find networking opportunities
- Practice for your interview
- Read articles in your industry or find articles on how to improve your soft skills at work.
- Attend a UC Davis Alumni networking event to meet new connections that could help you along in your career.
- Evaluate your career plan. If you don’t have a plan, create one. Think about what you want to accomplish and detail the steps, skills, and jobs you would need to have to get there.
- Evaluate your skills. Do you have the necessary transferable skills to make the leap to a new industry? If not, look into bolstering those skills with skill specific courses. Check out opportunities at UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education.
- Avoid job phishing scams.