JOIN US FEBRUARY 24TH, 2023 6PM-9PM for the "Art & Science of Blending Wine" will be presented by Patrick Saboe from the Wine Foundry. This hands-on blending experience has you follow the same process a winemaking team uses to craft the award- winning wines. Patrick will demonstrate how winemaking is both science and art. In addition to learning how to dissect barrel samples from a winemaker’s perspective, you’ll use tools of the trade to craft several unique blends. Whether wine knowledgeable or wine curious, the blending experience is truly exciting and educational.
Date: February 24th, 2023
Location: Walter Buehler Alumni Center (map)
- CAAA Life Members- $130 per person
- CAAA Annual and APFA Parent Member- $150 per person
Included in ticket price:
- Buffet dinner with a sampling of white wine to start
- Tasting and blending with 4 red wines
- Blending guide and all the tools necessary
- Participants will be placed in teams of six to create a blend. A friendly competition will take place for "Best Blend" that may be used to make a private labeled wine for a future Aggies Uncorked shipment.
- A bottle of 2018 Anarchist "The Philosopher" to take home (retail value $46)
- Only 60 seats available so be sure to register today! Deadline to register is February 9, 2023.
Registration link sent via email to Association members. If you did not receive the link, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Members ONLY event.
In 1996, Patrick was reshaping the Charleston, SC restaurant scene, when a honeymoon to California’s wine country changed his life. Patrick traded kitchen tools for winemaking textbooks by enrolling in the Enology & Viticulture program at U.C. Davis. In 2012 he was placed as the Director Winemaking at The Wine Foundry, currently Foundry Wines and the sister brand, Anarchist Wine Co.